Thursday, August 9, 2012

HCG Program Overview

The HCG diet program is divided into 4 phases of various lengths. Here they are in order:
  • Loading Phase (2 days). Some call these the "binge" or "gorge" days. You start taking HCG drops on Day 1. For these first 2 days you must eat the most fattening foods you can until you are completely full. Concentrate on foods high in fats and oils, rather than sugar.
My Take: 
I did this the first time eating lots and lots of rice along with some fatty viands. This was okay but not the ideal because during Phase 2, I craved for rice. This time around, I did my loading with FATTY FOODS ONLY. I didn't eat rice or any carbohydrates. I settled on the following:
  1. Pork Sisig from Sisig House
  2. Crispy Pata 
  3. Fatty Liempo Stick from Grill Queen 
  4. Fried Chicken from KFC
I was sick to the stomach. I actually didn't enjoy so much because I didn't eat rice. In fact, I had to force myself to eat the fatty foods. I had a hard time finishing a barkada size of sisig in one day. But I did. Doing the loading phase well is the key to NOT GETTING HUNGRY in Phase 2. It's not eating all the foods that you like, but eating the FATTIEST foods that you can think of.
  • Core Phase (13-43 days). On the morning of Day 3, you begin the 500-calorie-per-day diet. You also continue taking the HCG drops at the specified dosage. The length of this phase depends on how much weight you want to lose.
My Take: 
I am currently on Day 10 of this diet. I want to continue until I reach my conservative milestone of 169 pounds. But I really want to reach 165 pounds this round. I have 3 more days to go and I can actually stop. But why stop? I will do my best to get to at least 18 days before going into the transition phase.

So far, my average has been to lose a pound a day. There are misses because I have cheated thrice already on this diet. The thing with cheating is that I quickly remedy it the next day with a steak day. This way, I see another weight loss the next day. Another thing with cheating is that it doesn't necessarily equate to weight gain. You just don't lose any pounds which is just as bad.

  • Transition Phase (3 days). Stop taking the HCG drops at the end of the Core Phase. Continue on the 500-calorie-per-day diet for the 3 days in this phase while your body transitions and eliminates the high level of HCG in your body. 
My Take:  
I haven't reached this round yet so I have no idea. But I guess something to watch out for in this phase is the hunger pangs because there is less HCG in the body. Since HCG make you forget hunger, I assume this time here... it will be harder to continue the 500-calorie diet.

I'll update this when I get to Phase 3.
  • Maintenance Phase (21 days). Slowly increase your food intake and begin eating any foods that you want, except sugars, starches, or artificial sweeteners. Your metabolism is still trying to stabilize during this phase. Therefore, watch your weight closely, and slowly increase your calorie intake at a rate that allows you to maintain your new lower weight.

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you can trust that you will not only get gourmet meals, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's specific nutritional platform thatis promoting an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and pick the entrees you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your home.

    ORDER NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete